The Sabres come into tonight's matchup with a 3-7-0 record in their last 10 games. The Sabres will have someone new behind the bench for the first time since Ruff was hired in 1997, as interim replacement Ron Rolston will coach his first NHL game.
Buffalo is 1-0-1 against Toronto this season, with the last game ending in heartbreak for the Sabres when Nazem Kadri scored the overtime winner with less than three second to go in the extra frame. Since that game, Buffalo has won just three games.
Toronto, on the other hand, sit at 6-4-0 in their last 10 games and look as if they have finally gotten over the hump that's plagued them for so long. The Leafs are currently in a three-way tie for second place in the Northeast division, while Buffalo sits seven points behind them, and dead last in the division.
Buffalo hopes that their coaching change will spark the team, who has only had production from its top offensive line and goaltender Ryan Miller.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Buffalo Sabres Edge Toronto Maple Leafs in Sloppy 2-1 Win
- Buffalo Sabres Look to Snap Skid Against Toronto Maple Leafs
- Buffalo Sabres Even with Toronto Maple Leafs After Scrappy First Period
- Buffalo Sabres Earn Point, but Drop OT Decision to Toronto Maple Leafs
- Buffalo Sabres Trail Toronto Maple Leafs 3-2 After Two Periods
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qbe