The Sabres trailed 2-0 in the second period when Nathan Gerbe turned the puck over in his own end, giving Andrew Ladd a chance he would not miss. The Sabres spun out of control for most of the period, and fans grew frustrated, booing the team and applauding sarcastically for most of the frame. That tone changed when Pominville buried a shot with less than a minute to go in the period. Pominville broke down the wing on a two-on-one and elected to shoot the puck instead of attempting a cross-ice pass. That decision paid off for Pominville, as he brought the Sabres within one going into the third period.
The Sabres will hope the late goal will give them the energy they need to finish the comeback, as tonight's game has been mostly stale at best.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Buffalo Sabres Trail Winnipeg Jets 1-0 After First Period
- Buffalo Sabres Booed Off the Ice, Trail Boston Bruins 2-1
- Buffalo Sabres Have Chance to Start Winning Streak Against Winnipeg Jets
- Buffalo Sabres Trail Montreal Canadiens 3-2 After Two Periods
- Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens Tied 1-1 After One Period
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/q94