The gambling website bovada.lv has Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby (five goals, 12 assists) and Tampa's Steven Stamkos (seven goals, 10 assists) has co-favorite to win the league's MVP trophy at 4-to-1. Vanek (10 goals, 11 assists) is third at 11-to-2.
Former Sabres goalie Dominik Hasek is the only Buffalo ever to win MVP, claiming the trophy twice.
Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist (4-5-0 record, 2.61 GAA) is the favorite to win the Vezina at 4-to-1. Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville (9-0-2) is the favorite for coach of the year at 7-to-2.
Here is the full list of MVP favorites:
- Sidney Crosby (PIT), 4/1
- Steven Stamkos (TB), 4/1
- Thomas Vanek (BUF), 11/2
- Patrick Marleau (SJ) 6/1
- Evgeni Malkin (PIT) 13/2
- Craig Anderson (OTT) 13/2
- Carey Price (MON) 10/1
- Alex Ovechkin (WAS) 15/1
- Marian Hossa (CHI) 20/1
- Corey Crawford (CHI) 25/1
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Buffalo Sabres Forward Thomas Vanek Named NHL First Star of the Week
- Buffalo Sabres Forward Thomas Vanek Wins NHL Third Star of Month for January
- Buffao Sabres Forward Thomas Vanek Back in Buffalo After Stint in Austria
- CBA Talks Resume Wednesday; Vanek Returns to Buffalo
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ps9