A third offer has been made in the NHL's CBA talks with its players union, with the two sides agreeing to meet again Wednesday to continue talks.
The NHLPA received an offer late Tuesday from the league. The league first made an offer last week, and the NHLPA countered that offer Monday, so this new offer is in response to that.
The two sides met for less than hour Tuesday night in Manhattan. Union officials say they need time to discuss the new proposal internally.
"They did make a comprehensive response to what we gave them yesterday," union head Donald Fehr said.
No time has yet been set for Wednesday's talks. Commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed this week the season has to start by Jan. 19 or else it will be canceled. All games through Jan. 14 have already been canceled.
Tags: Buffalo, Buffalo Sabres, Hockey, NHL
"We've made more movement in tonight's counterproposal," he said in reference to concessions the league made to the union. "We're clearly not done .. it's a process that's ongoing, and I'm thankful for that."
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/oes